Virtual 5K Walk/Run
Your safety is most important to us! Feel free to join in the race from your home. Here's how:
How to Run a Virtual 5K in 6 Easy Steps!
1. Let us know on the Heart Walk 4 Dorsett Facebook Page when you plan to run your virtual race.
Post your date. Way to be accountable folks!!!!
2. Invite your friends!
Share your goal on Facebook and invite friends to join you virtually on your run or walk! Do this by live casting to Facebook or Instagram while you run or by taking video and posting it! The more community you have (virtually) the better! Don't forget that hashtag #HeartWalk4Dorsett
3. Map out your route ahead of time (3.11 miles for a 5K run). Or run on your treadmill at home! (no tracker needed for this option)
Use a free online tracking tool like MapMyRun or Google Maps (free account creation required) to plan your route before the big day.
4. Download a mobile fitness tracking app to live-track and log your race. (unless you're on the treadmill)
Download a mobile run-tracking app like MapMyRun or Nike+ Training Club and create an account as directed. Practice logging your route and taking a screenshot of your completed route so you are prepared for race day. Unsure how to screenshot?
5. Race day! #HeartWalk4Dorsett
Equipped with running gear (charged cell phone, smartwatch, or fitness tracker), run or walk your selected route and have fun!
Don't forget to document it and share it online.
6. Submit your participation to our Facebook event by March 26, 2022.
This gives you one month to get out there and be active! Submissions should include a screenshot of your completed run and race photos. Don't forget your hashtag #HeartWalk4Dorsett